Call for Posters
2018 Community Engagement & Research Symposium
Friday, March 9, 2018; 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
UMass Medical School
Albert Sherman Center, Worcester, MA
Poster Abstract Due: Friday, January 26, 2018
The goals of the poster session are to network, learn about each other’s work and interests, and make connections for future collaborative work to address health issues in communities throughout Massachusetts and beyond. This poster session is unique in that it is geared to spark conversation about shared interests and future collaborative projects, and not necessarily to share the results of completed scientific research projects.
Who Can Submit a Poster Abstract?
- Community organizations
- Research teams describing their research in any stage of the research process
- Researchers seeking research partners
- Students and/or community members, trainees
Examples of poster ideas include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A description of your community engaged research at any stage in the process. Include information on your partnerships and collaborations.
- A description of your community agency, or your community engaged research interests and experiences.
Note to Community Agencies:
You are welcome to describe your community agency. Feel free to use informational or marketing materials. In addition, you could describe:
- Ideas or priorities for community engaged research
- Your experience in partnering for research, describing your community engaged research at any stage in the process
- If your poster is accepted and you need assistance developing your poster, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your Poster Abstracts Electronically at: Poster Abstract Submission Form for the UMCCTS Community Engagement 2018 Symposium
- Title of poster
- Name(s), affiliation(s), and contact information
- Abstract/Program Description -Not to exceed 250 words
- Community Organizations: We can assist in developing your poster. Please indicate your interest in assistance on the poster abstract submission form.
You will be notified by February 9, 2018 regarding the acceptance of your poster.
Poster Abstracts and Posters will be shared:
- Poster title and author names will be shared during the Symposium. Names and credentials will be listed as they are submitted.
- Poster abstracts will be posted on a public website hosted by the UMass Medical School Lamar Soutter Library.
- You will be invited to share an electronic version of your poster on this website.
To see past conference posters visit: http://escholarship.umassmed.edu/chr_symposium/2017/
To Register for the Symposium: Registration for the 2018 UMCCTS Community Engagement Symposium
Questions? Email Communityengagement@umassmed.edu
For more information, visit our website: www.umassmed.edu/ccts/community